DDSA Visit Grants
Data science students and researchers from all parts of the world now have the opportunity to come visit a data science research environment in Denmark. With the Visit Grant, the Danish Data Science Academy aim to attract young talent interested in forming a future DDSA Fellowship project proposal in collaboration with a potential supervisor from a Danish university or research institution.
What is the DDSA Visit Grant?
As part of the DDSA Fellowship Programme the Danish Data Science Academy provides funding for national and international bachelor, master’s, PhD students and Postdocs to spend time with new research groups within a data science research environment in Denmark.
The purpose of the grant is to give students and researchers the opportunity to form the basis for a future DDSA Fellowship (PhD or Postdoc) application in collaboration with a potential supervisor from a Danish university or research institution. The PhD Fellowship is open to PhD models 3+5, 4+4 or 5+3. Next call (PhD and Post Doc) will have the application deadline on March 19th , 2023.
What does the grant cover?
The grant contributes up to DKK 15,000 to cover costs for travel, accommodation and related expenses.
The grant does not cover salary.
Who can apply?
Application is open to:
- Danish and international bachelor, master’s, PhD students and Postdocs enrolled or employed in a university at the time of the planned visit.
- Danish and international bachelor, master’s, PhD students and Postdocs up to one year after finishing their enrollment or employment in a university at the time of the planned visit.
When can you apply?
Applications can be submitted all year round and will be processed within 4 weeks.
Applicants can receive one grant per year.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The applicant’s motivation, scientific purpose and intended outcome of the visit to Denmark
- Relevance of the applicant’s scientific profile towards the scope of the DDSA Fellowships
- Letter of support from the host institution/host supervisor
How to apply?
Applicants must fill out the ‘DDSA Visit Grant Application Form’ below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subjectline Application: DDSA Visit Grant: Your Last Name. Your host supervisor/host institution should be Cc’ed.
You must include a ‘Letter of Support’ from the host institution/host supervisor vouching for your scientific qualifications and the potential scientific outcome of the visit. Please use the DDSA template below.
Payout of grant
Grants will be awarded based on approved budget/budget posts and transferred as a reimbursement of the actual costs after submitting a final account, using the DDSA final account form.
Payout of the grant is made to your personal account.
For further questions, please contact email@example.com.