DDSA has awarded grants to educational, interdisciplinary, and collaborative networking activities, courses, and events within Danish data science to grow a strong data science community in Denmark.
Inspiring and supporting the next generation of data scientists is at the core of Danish Data Science Academy. Therefore, DDSA supports educational, interdisciplinary, and collaborative networking activities, courses, and events across universities, public institutions, and private companies within Danish data science with the DDSA Course and Event Grant.
In the first four months of 2023, DDSA has awarded 11 Course and Event Grants already:
- 3D Image Analysis – From Foundation to Vision
- AI in Medicine
- Earth Day 2023: The Use of Data Science to Combat Global Heating
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS) Spring Meeting
- Farewell Event of the Conflux Mentorship Program
- Health Data Science Day
- International Workshop on Visualization and Visual Computing
- Julia User Group Aalborg (JUGA)
- Phase-Type Distributions with a View to Population Genetics
- The First Danish National Conference on Personalized Medicine
- Women in Data Science Copenhagen
Funding data science
DDSA welcomes applications for two kinds of activities:
- Courses including, but not limited to, university courses on PhD- and postdoc level, as well as vocational courses for public-, hospital-, and private sector employees
- Events and networking activities including, but not limited to, workshops, training/mentoring events, networking initiatives, competitions, and hackathons
If you have a great idea for a course, event, or networking activity that will contribute to Growing Danish Data Science, but need funding to reach the last mile, read more about the funding scope and how to apply for a DDSA Course and Event Grant.