The Department of Mathematical Sciences invites students, faculty, and the public to join us for the “Data Science to Combat Global Heating” event commemorating Earth Day 2023. The event consists of a day of learning and exploring how Mathematics and Data Science can contribute to Climate Change Research, help us understand and predict our future climate, and design mitigation policies.
The event will feature:
- Research presentations by invited speakers and faculty members on how Mathematics, Statistics, and Data Science are used for Climate Change Research
- A climate-related hackathon where you can apply your data science skills to solve real-world problems related to climate change
- Free pizza🍕 and drinks🥤for all participants in the hackathon (indicate dietary constraints at registration)
- Prizes for the best solutions
- A climate change related meme competition