Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Events
Danish Data Science Academy expect everyone engaged in DDSA activities to contribute to a safe and inclusive environment. Organisers are responsible for informing and promoting this Code of Conduct during the event, and for immediately notifying DDSA of any breach to it that has come to their attention.
A community and an environment that recognizes and respects the inherent worth of every person is crucial to succeeding in the mission of the Danish Data Science Academy (DDSA): To support and stimulate a national collaborative network of data science experts across universities, public and private sectors. And, to inspire and train the next generation of data scientists through educational, interdisciplinary and collaborative activities.
We therefore expect everyone engaged in DDSA activities to contribute to a safe and inclusive environment and to respect the guidelines stipulated below.
This Code of Conduct applies to:
- any event (co-)organised or (co-)funded by the DDSA
- all event/course activities taking place in physical as well as virtual venues and on official virtual engagement platforms and communication channels, including social media
- all participants, including organisers, volunteers, speakers/teachers, reviewers etc.
Organisers are responsible for informing of and promoting this Code of Conduct during the event, and for immediately notifying the DDSA of any breach to it that has come to their attention. Although organisers cannot be held responsible for offensive behavior that may occur outside of the official course/event program, they should also notify the DDSA of such issues known to them.
The event or course must provide an experience for all participants that is free from harassment, bullying, discrimination and inappropriate behavior which includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidation, personal attacks, stalking, following, harassment, inappropriate physical contact or attention, or derogatory mention
- Offensive comments, materials or activities related to age, race, color, nationality, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, disability, or pregnancy
- Disorderly, boisterous, or disruptive conduct including fighting, coercion, theft, damage to property, or any mistreatment or unprofessional behavior towards participants
Organisers as well as any participant in DDSA activities may contact us about experiences or observations of inappropriate behavior, regardless of whether they wish to place a formal complaint or merely express a concern or seek advice.
Please contact the DDSA Named Person, Education & Grant Manager Sniff Andersen Nexø, by calling +45 31 90 35 39, or by sending an email to email@example.com requesting to be contacted.
- The Named Person will support the person reporting an offensive behavior in deciding if and how to proceed
- The Named Person has no formal authority but will support the person reporting an offensive behavior in informing the relevant authority if agreed upon
- The Named Person is not obliged to inform any other authority and is thus able to handle any complaint or concern in full confidentiality
- Professional consultancy will be included if deemed necessary
In case of a breach to this Code of Conduct, the organiser and/or the DDSA will respond towards the offender as deemed appropriate according to law and regulations.
Sanctions may be, but are not limited to, a warning, expulsion from the event or course with no refund, barring from participation in future activities, barring from applying for DDSA funding, reporting the incident to the offender’s organisation/company, or in the last instance reporting the incident to law enforcement authorities.
This Code of Conduct has been adapted by the DDSA in April 2022. It may be subject to later revisions, so please always refer to the most recent version available at ddsa.dk.